Launch the BMW 730d gallery


I had more than a month concentrating on regular road test cars following the repatriation of my long term Citroën C5, but now I have taken over Richard's BMW 730d while he enjoys his new Volvo C30. The 7 Series should be my kind of car. In my fifties, I am not after kicks in fast four-door cars. I have my old 911 and even older Lotus Elan for that type of fun, and frankly I have given up on modern cars offering the sense of involvement I get from these two. 

But I do value a quiet, comfortable, sophisticated drive for regular motoring. The 730d, you won't be surprised to know, serves all this up rather well, along with impressive economy. Richard's 42mpg average was never something I could hope to match on the type of driving I do, but in my book 36mpg is excellent for the shorter journeys I make and heavier foot I undoubtedly have.

source: cars.uk.msn.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment